Mistakes and blunders are unavoidable in sports. However, athletes frequently spend too much time stressing about their mistakes, which has a negative impact on their present performance. That is why it is critical to stay in the present moment. As an athlete, correcting earlier errors and learning from them should be a constant process that enhances rather than hinders present performance.
In this post, we’ve gathered some very useful quotes from top players all over the world who address the obstacles and techniques they confront when concentrating on what they’re supposed to play and how to stay focused while taking lessons from prior experiences.
Image Quotes/ Quotes Wallpaper
Guess the quote’s author
Let’s take a quick quiz now before reading these inspiring sports quotes. Your task in this quiz is to identify the authors of the quotes we’ve provided from this post. You’ll have three choices to choose from, so think carefully! Match the words to the person who said them!
- “Important thing is to not to look back in the past and try to focus in the present moment and capitalize on the opportunities.” – Novak Djokovic, tennis player.
- “I don’t think about the past or the future. I just live in the moment.” – Cristiano Ronaldo, soccer player.
- “This moment, which we are living right now will pass too. We have to enjoy, enjoy all that we can.” – Neymar, soccer player.
- “I can’t predict what future brings. I can only focus my attention and energy to the present moment and do what I do best, and that is to try to prepare myself.” – Novak Djokovic, tennis player.
- “Sometimes it makes you not be that much present in the moment when you’re too relaxed. It takes away that momentum that you are trying to capture.” – Stefanos Tsitsipas, tennis player.
- “I play each point like my life depends on it.” – Rafael Nadal, tennis player.
- “I just care about winning and doing what I can while I’m on the floor.” – Jayson Tatum, basketball player.
- “For me, it’s obviously about giving my best every single game and obviously just staying in the moment and doing what I can for my team.” – Gabriel Slonina, Soccer player.
- “You have to find a way to get into the moment, get into your body, trust your training.” – Graham Betchart, Mental Coach.
- “I think it’s all about the moment, it’s all about taking it in, it’s about enjoying it.” – Ashleigh Barty, tennis player.
- “Today you never know what can happen. I think I just stay more in the moment without thinking so far in front.” – Rafael Nadal, tennis player.
- “What do I tell myself? Stay in the moment and play the way you played before. Fight hard.” – Stefanos Tsitsipas, Greek tennis player.
- “This is what all the work you put in your whole life for is to be in these moments, to play in the Finals, to represent not just the organization but your family, your community, your extended community.” – Jaylen Brown, professional basketball player.
- “I always say just when you are in a tough situation, you know, try to choose the right thing to do in every moment, the right election.” – Rafael Nadal, tennis player.
- “It’s about being in the moment, taking whatever comes as it is. I always know that I know how I’m in control of how I’m going to feel about any situation.” – Victoria Azarenka, tennis player.
- “I had those moments where I was just not there. I wasn’t in the moment. I found that serenity being in the moment now.” – Victoria Azarenka, tennis player.
- “We understand that the moment is the moment, but we still are staying in it. We’re not too up, we’re not too down. We’re just one game, hey, we lost it, now we got to move on to the next one.” – Kyle Lowry, a professional basketball player, maintains a positive attitude even after a loss.
- “For us as a group we just go in there, we stay focused and stay locked in on that moment of being on the road and being together.” – Kyle Lowry, a professional basketball player.
- “I think just being here and being able to enjoy that moment regardless of how many times I’ve done it before or how many different experiences that I’ve had. I think being able to really enjoy the moment for what it is helps me get the most joy out of it.” – Ashleigh Barty, tennis player.
- “The only way I can predict the future is to create the future. I try to create a future for myself by being in the present moment.” – Novak Djokovic, tennis player.
- “I don’t try to think what has happened before or what’s coming later on. I believe that in this very moment this kind of thinking and mindset is the best for me.” – Novak Djokovic, tennis player.
- “At the end of the day, once you get out there, you just have to be in the moment. You got to be present as much as possible, not worry about the consequences of a win or a loss.” – Stephen Curry, basketball player.
- “We have to make sure that our confidence coincides with the ability to still prepare, not have a rearview mirror and look back at it but to be in the moment.” – Mike Krzyzewski, American basketball coach.
- “I kind of try to focus on the moment, in the present. That’s humility. That’s being humble. That’s not setting no expectation. That’s going out there, enjoying the game.” – Giannis Antetokounmpo, basketball player.
- “Being in the present allows you to do those things in order for you to get there.” – Giannis Antetokounmpo, basketball player.
- “Once you’re living in the present and you’re enjoying the specific moment, you get to enjoy that moment to the fullest. Once you start thinking about the future, what’s going to happen, you’re kind of losing in between.” – Giannis Antetokounmpo, basketball player.
- “The most important thing is to not to look back in the past and try to focus in the present moment and capitalize on the opportunities.” – Novak Djokovic, tennis player.
- “I try to embrace whatever emotions are coming, but at the same time trying to focus myself as much as I can on the present moment.” – Novak Djokovic, tennis player.
- “Oftentimes you are experiencing emotions and thoughts that would take you in the past. It’s really a constant work of trying not to bring those thoughts into the present moment. When you’re present, experiencing and seeing things in a very simple way, it’s a tennis match, it’s only the next point, you’re there, then you’re able to perform your best.” – Novak Djokovic, tennis player.
- “I’m living in the present and building for the future.” – Brian Kelly, football coach.
- “I don’t look far into the tournament, because I like to stay present and take every single match at a time. That’s the best way to do it.” – Stefanos Tsitsipas, Greek tennis player.
- “I think it’s a lot of work to be able to stay in the present and be focused on what’s important on that day. I have done that really well not to get distracted by the future and working hard in the present.” – Victoria Azarenka, Belarusian tennis player.
- “What I learned is that I need to stay totally focused in the moment. I need to connect with my goal and tune out everything else.” – LeBron James, basketball player.
- “First and foremost you’ve really got to concentrate on trying to stay in the moment and just think about the tournament.” – Rory McIlroy, Professional golfer.
- “I try to focus myself and concentrate on golf and not think about, “Oh, there’s a rain delay, oh my gosh, like what’s going to happen with the course.” – Angela Park, Brazilian-American golfer.
- “When you have something else in your life you get focused on that and concentrate, and now I’m back at tennis and my mind is 200 percent on it. It’s only when I can give everything that I have on the court.” – Justine Henin, tennis player.
- “That next shot should be the most important shot in your life. It should be more important than breathing.” – Tiger Woods, American professional golfer.
- “I need to stay in the moment, focus on my technical cues and it just comes – I don’t have to put enormous pressure on myself.” – Katarina Johnson-Thompson, elite multi-eventer.
- “You need long-term and short-term goals that will inspire you to find strength and a moment of energy when you need it most.” – Novak Djokovic, tennis player.
- “I think we just make sure we stay in the moment and make sure that we find a way. I think just bringing that same mentality to the next game, not thinking too far ahead, that will probably serve us best.” – Sidney Crosby, Ice hockey player.
- “What I do like about the stay in the moment mindset is throughout the course of the season, that single-minded focus on that day’s work really builds great habits.” – Frank Vogel, basketball coach.
- “You got to be in the present. You have to be in the present. Once that present comes, you’ll know what it takes to be successful.” – Giannis Antetokounmpo, professional basketball player.
- “You have to be in that moment and have this brain to know how to figure it out.” – James Harden, basketball player.
- “The journey is never ending. There’s always gonna be growth, improvement, adversity; you just gotta take it all in and do what’s right, continue to grow, continue to live in the moment.” – Antonio Brown, American football player.
A fun quiz is a great way to summarize the lessons we can take from these inspiring quotes. This fun quiz is intended to help you remember the key ideas and takeaways from the quotes in our blog post.
How to play?
In this quiz, you must complete the quote you’ve just read from various athletes and coaches by selecting the correct option from the options provided. The aim of this quiz is to help you recall key takeaways from the quotes. You will receive one point for selecting the correct option. Are you ready? Let’s get started.
Tags: Motivational Quotes
Please feel free to share this with your friends and family on your preferred social media platform. Use the buttons below to share it right away.
Featured Image Credit: