Player name: Erling Haaland, Soccer Player
Erling Haaland is a professional footballer from Norway who plays as a center-forward. He began his career at Bryne FK in Norway before going to Molde. Haaland was born in the English city of Leeds, West Yorkshire. He relocated to Bryne, his parents’ hometown in Norway, when he was three years old. In the year 2022, he made his Premier League debut for Manchester City.
Image Quotes/ Quotes Wallpaper
The Incomplete Quote
Before you begin reading these inspiring quotes from Erling Haaland, why not engage in a fun quiz? In this fun activity, you will be presented with quotes from this post by Erling Haaland. The quote will be presented to you with blanks. To complete the incomplete quote, you must drag the correct word into the correct box. Sounds interesting? So let us get started.
- “You have to go into the game hungry. It doesn’t matter what happened before, if you scored three goals, if you scored zero goals, if you haven’t scored in a while.” – Erling Haaland
- “You have to have extremely good focus, you have to be strong in your head because it’s not easy being a footballer. Everybody thinks it’s easy.” – Erling Haaland
- “Hard work is really important, you have to believe in yourself but you also have to stay calm.” – Erling Haaland
- “Always happy for my achievements but they’re never possible without my teammates.” – Erling Haaland
- “Everything you see any player doing, Pelé did it first.” – Erling Haaland
- “Start young and always remember to keep fighting for your dreams. I hope the world gives you unity and inclusivity.” – Erling Haaland
- “I try to be a bit more smart, a bit more sharp, ahead of the people I play against.” – Erling Haaland
- “It’s a really good thing, to relax, to try to not think too much. Because stress is not good for anyone. I hate to be stressed, and I try not to be stressed.” – Erling Haaland
- “Life is not glowing every single day. Some days are worse than others, and that’s just how life is.” – Erling Haaland
- “I like to be under pressure. I like to be challenged.” – Erling Haaland
- “I try to live here and now, not trying to think of what happened yesterday, what’s going to happen tomorrow.” – Erling Haaland
- “I think it’s a lot in your head – to be focused, to be ready, to be relaxed in your head. I think that’s one of the most important things for a footballer.” – Erling Haaland
- “For me maybe the most important thing in life is sleep – not only a lot, but good sleep.” – Erling Haaland
- “I’m not sitting on social media reading about myself. You cannot control what people say, think, and write about you.” – Erling Haaland
- “I don’t worry about getting injured. Injury is a part of our job. I will probably get injured in my life again. Hopefully not – you never know what will happen in this game of football. It’s a dangerous sport.” – Erling Haaland
- “I will try to do everything in my power to win trophies here with Manchester City and to try to be the game changer.” – Erling Haaland
- “I don’t think you should walk around being worried about things. I don’t think that’s a good way of thinking.” – Erling Haaland
- “Life is short and a football career is short, so I’m going out there to enjoy as much as I can.” – Erling Haaland
- “Nothing makes me happier than running out there like a crazy guy celebrating a goal.” – Erling Haaland
- “When I get the penalty, I focus on staying calm, to breathe, try not to think of what could happen if I miss. That’s the worst thing to do.” – Erling Haaland
- “I hope that I can influence and make kids believe that you can be a young player from Bryne playing for Manchester City in the Premier League and become a top scorer.” – Erling Haaland
- “It is an important part of life to have good timing and in my world especially it’s essential.” – Erling Haaland
- “As a striker, I think it’s really important that when you’re in the game to not think too much. If I’m going to go into my next game thinking about the chance I missed last game, it’s not good.” – Erling Haaland
- “Everyone here, we play for each other and we play together.” – Erling Haaland
- “In my mind, I think I always have to look for the next and to try to reach more and stay hungry. Because maybe someone if they score five goals would be happy. You have to be happy, but you have to want more of course.” – Erling Haaland
- “For me the most important thing is chances and creating chances because that’s a big step of scoring goals.” – Erling Haaland
- “From Pep, to the physios, to everyone, we want to help each other. We want to have a good time together and we want to make every single person in the club better. That is the most important thing.” – Erling Haaland
- “Always give your best. Always believe. It pays off.” – Erling Haaland [source]
- “I know that I’m the striker, I need to deliver goals. But this is not my focus, my focus is to play good and to deliver with the team.” – Erling Haaland
- “You are a kind of entertainer. You get judged every single week for what you do on the pitch and you have to deliver and do your best.” – Erling Haaland
- “I don’t know what will happen, but it must always be about learning, about developing. You can never stop looking for new ways to become better.” – Erling Haaland [source]
- “Champions League matches have always fascinated me, and the anthem has been a real part of my life since my childhood.” – Erling Haaland
- “It’s always about believing in yourself, trying to enjoy every single day – both as a football player and as a person. I try to smile as much as I can.” – Erling Haaland [source]
- “Being a well-known footballer means you have to adapt a little bit in your lifestyle and how you do things but I try to live as normally as I can. I try to do the same things that I did as a teenager in my home town. I try to live as normally as possible.” – Erling Haaland
- “My father has been a big role model for me. I always said to myself I want to become a professional football player at a high level, and that’s what I said my whole life.” – Erling Haaland
- “I’ve had my whole life to set my goals very high, and that’s what I’ve been doing my whole life.” – Erling Haaland
- “That’s what is so nice about the game, you can always improve no matter how old you are, you can get your full potential out.” – Erling Haaland
What we can take away from these Inspiring Quotes From Erling Haaland
1. Winning mindset
Even though soccer players may go without scoring goals in some games, Erling Haaland has experienced this many times. However, what distinguishes a champion player from other players is their winning mentality. They don’t care if they didn’t score much in the previous game, but they’re motivated to do well and look forward to the next opportunity.
Erling Haaland suffered injuries at a very crucial point in his career. However, he made a strong comeback and set several records, as well as earning accolades for his performance. This demonstrates his resilience.
3. The team comes first
Haaland is second to none when it comes to scoring goals. However, in one of his quotes, he credits his team for their success. A soccer player cannot score goals without successful assists.
One of the great signs of a good athlete is what they learn from former players. Haaland acknowledged in one of his quotes the achievements of soccer player Pele. Pele is one of the greatest achievers in the game of soccer and he holds many records to his name.
5. Staying persistent
Haaland certainly has natural skills, but he does not simply rely on them. Instead, he tries to improve his natural abilities on a regular basis. In order to stay one step ahead of your competition, you must constantly look for ways to improve your game skills.
6. failure is an opportunity
Nothing in life is fixed or permanent. People who strive to achieve something must go through the highs and lows of life. According to Haaland, we must accept the bad days as well. Because if we don’t accept them, we won’t be able to identify the reasons for failure, and we won’t be able to work on them either.
7. Staying in the present
Haaland refuses to dwell on the past and stays in the present. He does not look at past performances and also does not think about the game before the game. This is a good mentality to have. We must focus on the task at hand rather than worrying about the future or things that are not under our control.
8. Realistic approach
Erling Haaland takes a realistic approach to his profession. He knows and accepts the various consequences of the decisions he makes on and off the field. Injuries are something that is expected to happen in the life of an athlete. And accepting this fact can certainly prepare an athlete mentally if something like that happens in the future.
9. Make the most of it
When Haaland says in one of his quotes, “Life is short and a football career is short,” it shows us that he knows that life is unpredictable and fleeting. And the same goes for a career in sports. So whatever time you get, you have to make the most of it.
10. Inspiring others
When you are looking to make an impact on the lives of the people around you and young people, you gain a larger perspective on life and your goals become bigger and more inclusive. It also simplifies your thought process because you know exactly what impact you want to make on others and how you want to achieve it.
A fun quiz is a great way to summarize the lessons we can take from these inspiring quotes. This fun quiz is intended to help you remember the key ideas and takeaways from the quotes in our blog post.
How to play?
In this quiz, you must complete the quote you’ve just read from Erling Haaland by selecting the correct option from the options provided. The aim of this quiz is to help you recall key takeaways from the quotes. You will receive one point for selecting the correct option. Are you ready? Let’s get started.
Please feel free to share this with your friends and family on your preferred social media platform. Use the buttons below to share it right away.