This post comprises motivational and uplifting tennis quotes about mental toughness from tennis players. These motivational quotes are attributed to renowned tennis players. Tennis players’ mental toughness approach is reflected in these quotes.
Image Quotes/ Quote Wallpapers
Guess the quote’s author
Let’s take a quick quiz now before reading these inspiring sports quotes. Your task in this quiz is to identify the authors of the quotes we’ve provided from this post. You’ll have three choices to choose from, so think carefully! Match the words to the person who said them!
Serena Williams Quotes on Mental Toughness
- “My greatest strength is my mental game.” – Serena Williams, tennis player.
- “My game is my mental toughness. Just not only to be able to play, to win, but to be able to come back when I’m down.” – Serena Williams, tennis player.
- “Both on the court and after tough losses, just to continue to come back and continue to fight, it’s something that takes a lot of tenacity.” – Serena Williams, tennis player.
- “If you’re not mentally there, it’s really hard to come out and do anything. You really have to be mentally focused.” – Serena Williams, tennis player.
- “I definitely think it [success] relates a lot to my mental toughness because if you’re not mentally there, it’s really hard to come out and do anything. You really have to be mentally focused.” – Serena Williams, Tennis player.
Rafael Nadal Quotes on Mental Toughness
- “People tell me that I am very strong mentally, but I also suffer, like everyone else and I see it very black. But the essence of sport is that despite seeing something almost impossible, you can achieve it.” – Rafael Nadal, tennis player.
- “Mental strength is one of the important elements for competition. Everything can be trained and that mental strength is something I also worked with my uncle Toni since I was a child.” – Rafael Nadal, tennis player.
Roger Federer Quotes on Mental Toughness
- “Mental toughness and mental strength was one of the most important key factors for a successful career, especially for the long term.” – Roger Federer, tennis player.
- “Mental strength at the very top at some point is a key component to success because doing the right things at the right time and time again is the secret to success.” – Roger Federer, tennis player.
Novak Djokovic Quotes on Mental Toughness
- “I stopped thinking too much about what could happen and relied on my physical and mental strength to play the right shots at the right time.” – Novak Djokovic, tennis player.
- “One of the crucial things is you got to be mentally very steady and very consistent and you just have to believe in yourself and believe in the victory.” – Novak Djokovic, tennis player.
- “Just think about what is happening now and what you can influence. Obviously because when you go through so much physical effort, mental effort, it’s normal, natural that different thoughts, positive and negative, go through your mind throughout the match.” – Novak Djokovic, tennis player.
- “In terms of playing ability there is nothing to choose between number one and 100. Instead, it’s a question of who believes and who wants it more? Which player is mentally stronger? Which player is going to fight the hardest in the big points? These are the things that determine who is the champion.” – Novak Djokovic, tennis player.
- “In winning those matches, you need to be able to find that inner strength, mental, physical, emotional, especially when you’re down in the finals and when you’re playing a top rival.” – Novak Djokovic, tennis player.
- “It’s not always possible to be 100% concentrated for three and a half hours. But it’s important to keep going because you fall many times, but mental strength allows you to keep going.” – Novak Djokovic, tennis player.
- “As hard as the moment is that you are in, the more you have to remind yourself, the more you have to talk to yourself.” – Novak Djokovic, Tennis player.
Tennis Quotes On Mental Toughness from Players and Coaches
- “Ninety percent of my game is mental. It’s my concentration that has gotten me this far.” – Chris Evert, tennis player.
- “The beauty of mental toughness, to me, is that it is learnable. Most people think you are born with it, but that is not the case.” – Ed Tseng, performance consultant.
- “I never let things go inside my mind, whether my opponent has hit a winner against me, whether he has done something crazy on the other side of the court. I’m being tough on myself when I play. I’m trying to be tough as much as I can.” – Stefanos Tsitsipas, tennis player.
- “I just believe that mental toughness is probably most important thing in tennis right now because everybody can play on the highest level. But the ones that are tough and that can handle the pressure are the biggest ones.” – Iga Świątek, tennis player.
- “My biggest asset is my mental strength.” – Richard Fromberg, tennis player.
- “A champion tennis player typically possesses a strong work ethic, mental toughness, discipline, adaptability, and a focus on continuous improvement.” – Unknown
- “All humans make mental mistakes, especially under pressure, but champions consistently work to improve, because standing still is not an option if you value your career.” – David Sammel, Tennis coach.
- “Being mentally tough does not just mean “trying harder”. It involves making a decision to be constantly constructive during your thinking time.” – David Sammel, Tennis coach.
- “Being mentally tough means accepting the possibility of losing and focusing on an action that you will commit to fully.” – David Sammel, Tennis coach.
- “I have definitely got the mental toughness to keep working hard.” – Nick Kyrgios, tennis player.
- “You have to be mentally tough, which I think is one of the most difficult physical things, as well, the mental toughness. So I think it’s one of the most ultimate tests in sports. That’s why I think tennis is also seen as one of the most difficult sports in the world.” – Alexander Zverev, tennis player.
- “I think I was as mentally tough as I’ve ever been. I felt like I handled the situation both on and off the court extremely well. I felt like I needed to.” – Lleyton Hewitt, tennis player.
- “Tennis is mostly mental. Of course, you must have a lot of physical skill, but you can’t play tennis well and not be a good thinker. You win or lose the match before you even go out there..” – Venus Williams, tennis player.
- “Nothing bothers you if you’re good mentally, if you’re focused.” – Daniil Medvedev, tennis player.
- “Mental toughness, confidence and to really have your game together. These three components are the most important.” – Steffi Graf, tennis player.
- “If I want to have a chance to beat the top players, I need to be mentally ready for that.” – Stan Wawrinka, tennis player.
- “We all have ups and downs and our good times and bad times throughout the match, but mainly you focus on yourself and you try to keep your mental toughness, you know, at the high level and just hang in there, those tough moments where you have to really have to grind through and play those points smart.” – Jelena Janković, former tennis player.
- “I’ve always been mentally tough on the court, not letting anything, like, bother me on the outside, just focusing and keeping my face on the strings. Just thinking about the match and that’s it.” – Melanie Oudin, tennis player.
- “To be a top 15, top 20 player, top 10 player for a while, it takes mental toughness. It takes a lot more than just strength or speed or talent to get there.” – James Blake, Tennis player.
A fun quiz is a great way to summarize the lessons we can take from these inspiring quotes. This fun quiz is intended to help you remember the key ideas and takeaways from the quotes in our blog post.
How to play?
In this quiz, you must complete the quote you’ve just read from various athletes and coaches by selecting the correct option from the options provided. The aim of this quiz is to help you recall key takeaways from the quotes. You will receive one point for selecting the correct option. Are you ready? Let’s get started.
Please feel free to share this with your friends and family on your preferred social media platform. Use the buttons below to share it right away.