Player name: Stephen Curry, American professional basketball player.
Stephen Curry is the son of former NBA player Dell Curry. He was born in Akron, Ohio. He grew up in Charlotte, North Carolina, where his father spent most of his NBA career with the Charlotte Hornets. The Golden State Warriors selected Steph Curry seventh overall in the 2009 NBA Draft.
Image Quotes/ Quote Wallpapers
The Incomplete Quote
Before you begin reading these inspiring quotes from Stephen Curry, why not engage in a fun quiz? In this fun activity, you will be presented with quotes from this post by Stephen Curry. The quote will be presented to you with blanks. To complete the incomplete quote, you must drag the correct word into the correct box. Sounds interesting? So let us get started.
Stephen Curry Quotes About Hard Work
- “Whatever your forte is and whatever they do well, I would say just continue to work on that.” – Stephen Curry
- “I have more work to do that I want to accomplish. And I’m going to stay hungry in the process.” – Stephen Curry
- “The biggest thing my parents taught me is it’s going to take a while, but you just do what you need to do. Work hard every single day and it can happen.” – Stephen Curry
- “I wasn’t physically gifted or anything to play the game at a high level is what they said. I had to find a way to keep getting better and find a way to make an impact on the collegiate level, which was pretty‑‑ it was a lot of hard work.” – Stephen Curry
- “Make sure you live in the moment and work your butt off every single day, and I hope I inspire people all around the world to just be themselves, be humble, and be grateful for all the blessings in your life.” – Stephen Curry
- “It doesn’t matter where you come from, what you have or don’t have, what you lack or what you have too much of, but all you need to have is faith in God, an undying passion for what you do and what you choose to do in this life, and a relentless drive and the will to do whatever it takes to be successful in whatever you put your mind to.” – Stephen Curry
- “You put a lot of hard work into your craft, and when you rely on that work, you kind of just are in the moment, and those shots, when you rise up to take them, it feels natural, it feels normal.” – Stephen Curry
- “If you take time to realize what your dream is and what you really want in life– no matter what it is, whether it’s sports or in other fields– you have to realize that there is always work to do, and you want to be the hardest working person in whatever you do, and you put yourself in a position to be successful. And you have to have a passion about what you do. Basketball was mine, and that’s what’s carried me to this point.” – Stephen Curry
- “Make it work no matter what you have to work with – that’s something that stuck with me very early on.” – Stephen Curry
- “Being in the Zone is about how much hard work you put in.” – Stephen Curry
- “It takes hard work and trying to separate yourself. That’s the only way you can do it is by having that hard-working mentality, the willingness to want to improve every single day.” – Stephen Curry
- “I learned at an early age that basketball is something I’d love to do every single day. But like every single person, they’re a great journalist, they’re a great commentator, there are great doctors, everybody’s great at something, just to find that and to work as hard as you can. I don’t think it’s as simple as that, but it’s something that you can hold on to. Find what you’re passionate about in this life and just work at it.” – Stephen Curry
- “Find what you’re passionate about in this life and just work at it.” – Stephen Curry
- “Find what you’re passionate about in this life. Everybody’s given a certain skill set, a certain talent, a certain passion. To hold on to that and work as hard as you can to being the best that you can at what you feel like your place in this world is and what your role is.” – Stephen Curry
Also See: Quotes and Sayings About the Value of Practice in Basketball
- “How I play the game is how I know how to play the game. It’s what I work on every single day. I know it inspired a lot of maybe the next generation, a lot of people who love the game of basketball, value the skill of it, value the fact that you can work every single day to get better.” – Stephen Curry
- “I didn’t get here off of motivation from other people. I know how hard I work and what I’m blessed with, so just got to stay true to who I am and allow that to carry you through the good times.” – Stephen Curry
- “Just be yourself, but play hard. Just have the right intentions about what you’re doing on the floor and usually things work out.” – Stephen Curry
- “It’s all about the work that you put in, the mentality that you have, and how you deal with the ups and downs of the season, how you deal with the grind of the Playoffs, and you have to appreciate the position that you’re in because it’s never, ever guaranteed.” – Stephen Curry
- “It [NBA All Star] just gives me a perspective around what I do for a living, an appreciation for being on this stage. It motivates me to keep working hard so I can be back here every year.” – Stephen Curry
- “I have confidence in myself and teammates have confidence in me to do what I need to do. So never, never worry about it [loss] because I know how hard I work at it. It’s not a false sense of confidence. I know how hard I work at what I do.” – Stephen Curry
- “Don’t overthink it, really. I’ve put in so much work and blessed with this talent to shoot the ball. For years I’ve got to rely on that and not try to get in your feelings or feel like the world’s crashing down on you because you’re not making shots.” – Stephen Curry
- “Wake up, eat breakfast, lift weights, go out, have practice, get your shots up. Just have confidence in yourself that you can figure it out. That’s the story of the ups and downs of an NBA-type environment, game in, game out, you can’t get too low, can’t get too high.” – Stephen Curry
- “Somebody asked, it’s four years in a row getting to The Finals, do you appreciate it? Yes, because it’s really hard. So all the smiles and embraces you have with your teammates, your coaches, it’s well deserved.” – Stephen Curry
- “It’s all about the work you put in, it’s about the mindset.” – Stephen Curry
- “I want to be remembered as somebody that worked hard and got the most out of my potential and talent and pushed the envelope.” – Stephen Curry
- “All the work that you put in that continues to show itself throughout your career, throughout the season, playoffs and every year that I get an opportunity to play on this level.” – Stephen Curry
- “I do [take] pride myself on trying to be the hardest worker, the most consistent worker.” – Stephen Curry
- “I want to be on this stage. This is what I’ve worked for my entire career, to be on this stage, to have this opportunity to play for something.” – Stephen Curry
- “Once they told me I had a chance, a slight chance, of being able to return, it basically was up to me and the work and the time I put in behind the injury, it was up to me. So I put the work in and the time in and with God’s grace I’m able to be out here and play the game that I love.” – Stephen Curry
- “Everybody sees the finished product these days on social media whenever you see the glitz and glam and what happens out there on the floor, but hopefully they understand and appreciate the countless hours that go into pretty much anybody on this level that is putting on an NBA jersey and the hard work that goes into it.” – Stephen Curry
- “When you get on the podium and you realize all the hard work that you put into it and all that you’ve been through led to that moment, it never gets dull, it never gets boring. It’s always just a freshness about that moment.” – Stephen Curry
Stephen Curry Quotes About Practice
- “I want to practice to the point where it’s almost uncomfortable how fast you shoot, so that in the game things kind of slow down.” – Stephen Curry
- “I love to work. You kind of get lost in the sessions you have on the court in practice, in the weight room, wherever it is, because you know it’s going to lead to you being as prepared as possible for those games.” – Stephen Curry
- “We just have to have everybody in the same mindset, on the same page. Just the mental focus you need to have. It starts in practice, again, envisioning what that’s going to look like, everybody marinating on it for the next 24 hours and then going out and getting the job done.” – Stephen Curry
- “When I was in college, our coach used to ask us, if we had a good practice, he’d give us each a penny and we’d put that penny in a jar to symbolise the process and the progression of getting better.” – Stephen Curry
Stephen Curry Quotes About Leadership
- “As leaders of the team, we have to encourage that as much as possible and find chemistry with the new additions that we have and guys who are going to be more — have a more significant role in our rotation from jump.” – Stephen Curry
- “There’s always an awareness of what the situation is going into any season. From a leadership perspective, it doesn’t change much in terms of what are the specific things that this team needs to be successful.” – Stephen Curry
- “At the end of the day, it’s just about continuing to do the things that help me being successful and helped me lead teams in the past, and it’s just a level of awareness and trying to be as proactive as possible trying to make everyone comfortable building chemistry and leading by example.” – Stephen Curry
- “I was out there doing what I was trying to do to help our team win and it didn’t work. So that happens in sports. It happens in our game, and nothing’s going to stop me from coming back and doing what I do to help lead my team in Game 6.” – Stephen Curry
- “I try to lead by example. You might not hear my voice every day, but just how hard I try to work every single day, pushing my teammates into situations that are necessary. I’m the type that might do more of the one‑on‑one, just pull a guy aside and say something. If we need to say something in the huddle, you want to be able to have that courage to speak up.” – Stephen Curry
- “Leading by example is huge because on a day‑to‑day basis over the course of an 82‑game schedule, you need that consistency every single day to be successful and keep the vision and the commitments to what we’re trying to do.” – Stephen Curry
- “The leader I learned from the most. Probably, Jarrett Jack had a big influence on me when he was here.” – Stephen Curry
- “From a leadership perspective, you just try to make sure you keep the spotlight on all the right things throughout the year.” – Stephen Curry
- “As a leader of your team – one is an acknowledgement of, you feel like you’re a great player, you know, coming out and doing your thing. You should be in good position to win a lot of games and being championship contenders.” – Stephen Curry
- “Because it’s a league with so many ups and downs and it’s a roller coaster ride of a career that you’re probably going to have. The one thing that you can control is your energy, effort, and kind of focus on getting better every single day. Then just try to find a way to become your style of a leader.” – Stephen Curry
A fun quiz is a great way to summarize the lessons we can take from these inspiring quotes. This fun quiz is intended to help you remember the key ideas and takeaways from the quotes in our blog post.
How to play?
In this quiz, you must complete the quote you’ve just read from Stephen Curry by selecting the correct option from the options provided. The aim of this quiz is to help you recall key takeaways from the quotes. You will receive one point for selecting the correct option. Are you ready? Let’s get started.
Please feel free to share this with your friends and family on your preferred social media platform. Use the buttons below to share it right away.