Tags: Basketball player
Player Name: Damian Lillard, American basketball player.
Damian Lillard, an American professional basketball player, is well-known in the National Basketball Association (NBA). In October 2021, Lillard was named to the NBA 75th Anniversary Team, commemorating him as one of the league’s all-time great players. Damian Lillard was born on July 15, 1990, in Oakland, California, to Gina and Houston Lillard. He made 600 three-pointers in 247 games, making him the NBA player who did it the fastest. He began his professional career with the “Trail Blazers,” where he won the “NBA Rookie of the Year Award” in his first season.
Image Quotes/ Quote Wallpapers
The Incomplete Quote
Before you begin reading these inspiring quotes from Damian Lillard, why not engage in a fun quiz? In this fun activity, you will be presented with quotes from this post by Damian Lillard. The quote will be presented to you with blanks. To complete the incomplete quote, you must drag the correct word into the correct box. Sounds interesting? So let us get started.
- “Don’t be afraid to really stand on what you believe in your heart and feel like you have got to fall into what everybody else is doing. Just be comfortable with who you are and how you feel about things.” – Damian Lillard
- “You’ve got to keep the belief and keep doing the things that’s going to give you a chance to come out of it and be successful.” – Damian Lillard
- “I always look at struggles as an opportunity to show my true character.” – Damian Lillard
- “If you want to look good in front of thousands, you have to outwork thousands in front of nobody.” – Damian Lillard
- “Anything that you do in life where you just get a lot of repetition and you work at it constantly you’ll naturally improve at it.” – Damian Lillard
- “I’m humble because I’m blessed. I could have been someone else and someone struggling could have been me.” – Damian Lillard
- “I had to do my work behind the scenes, like you did, I had to earn my way. And I didn’t know that I was going to ever get the credit for it or ever get the results for it.” – Damian Lillard
- “Keep walking the walk.” – Damian Lillard
- “To be a great leader you must learn to be a great servant.” – Damian Lillard
- “Pressure, nah. Fam, this is just playing ball. Pressure is the homeless man, who doesn’t know where his next meal is coming from. Pressure is the single mom, who is trying to scuffle and pay her rent. We get paid a lot of money to play a game. Don’t get me wrong — there are challenges. But to call it pressure is almost an insult to regular people.” – Damian Lillard
- “I had been overlooked in high school and I got overlooked even in college at Weber State. My main thing was to outwork everybody because I knew that that would be my way to get people’s attention by constantly getting better and putting that work in.” – Damian Lillard
- “Life gets better when you learn to appreciate all that you have.” – Damian Lillard
- “I gained a lot of fans because of who I was off the court. People respected me as a person before they did as an athlete.” – Damian Lillard
- “You got to be stable and strong mentally. You got to be sturdy. You got to have something that you can stand on because it gets tough.” – Damian Lillard
- “Any successful person will tell you that no one does it alone.” – Damian Lillard
- “The peace I have found through many struggles and shortcomings is truly priceless.” – Damian Lillard
- “I know what it’s like to be unknown and you know, not have the lights on you, and to want to be seen, and want a scholarship to a big school and things like that. I was behind the scenes doing the work. So, I don’t forget those steps that it took for me to get here.” – Damian Lillard
- “The sun shines brighter after it rains. The feeling of joy is a blessing after months of pain.” – Damian Lillard
- “I’ve always just depended on my foundation, which is my work ethic and my trust and belief in myself. It’s guided me to where I am now.” – Damian Lillard
- “It’s a challenge just making sure that we represent our people the right way and not getting too caught up in ourselves, but also understanding that you’re not going to always be able to be perfect or do what everybody wants you to do. That goes for your family, too.” – Damian Lillard
- “Who you choose to go through this life with is probably the most important decision you make.” – Damian Lillard
- “Even though I’ve got a family, I’ve got all these commercials and these endorsements, I don’t forget the thing that makes all of those things possible which is the hard work, the discipline, the humility, the compassion, all of those things that I know I bring as a person. I know that’s a part of why I’ve been able to get a lot of the things that I’ve gotten.” – Damian Lillard
- “If I get away from what got me here, I’m doing my family and everybody else around me a disservice. So, I make sure that I stay true to that first and the more I do that, things just keep coming.” – Damian Lillard
- “I can handle failure. I don’t have shame about what could happen or what somebody might say or anything like that. But I expect to come out on top.” – Damian Lillard
- “I’ve got some regrets. But my past won’t keep me from my best.” – Damian Lillard
- “training your body and your mind as well. So when those moments come, your belief in what you worked on is so high, you expect to be successful.” – Damian Lillard
- “When you’re going through something and s— is kind of hitting the fan and you’re struggling and everybody’s got something to say and to me the real ones, they can keep on trucking and keep on going and still find a way to get the job done. And, me personally, I love when those opportunities present themselves.” – Damian Lillard
- “When I am riding high and when I do get smoking hot and when I get going people are going to look at it and be like, ‘We remember when you were struggling and you didn’t shy away from it.’ I think it will be more respect for the success when they see how you handle failure and how you handle struggle.” – Damian Lillard
- “I’ve seen too many of the negative effects that bullying has on people, especially kids. Now that I’ve learned how many people look up to us as NBA players, I want to make the most of it by getting behind positive initiatives like anti-bullying.” – Damian Lillard
- “It’s important to be able to stay level and keep your mind right and keep your mind strong.” – Damian Lillard
- “I focus on finding solutions and that’s without doing nothing crazy to search for a solution.” – Damian Lillard
- “Our country is going to have its battles, it’s been that way from the jump, but I know what I’m representing when I put that jersey on and I go out there and compete.” – Damian Lillard
- “Checking every box. That’s what gives you the chance to get the results you want and to reach success. You do the work, you get the results.” – Damian Lillard
- “Even if the growth is slow, it’s still growth.” – Damian Lillard
- “I ain’t scared to come up short. I think that’s a real big part of my success. I say what I really think, I say what I feel, and I say it knowing that I can deal with it not going my way and knowing that I stand on the real. I go into every battle with that type of mentality.” – Damian Lillard
- “A vision to gift the word from a room to a packed stadium. They laughed at black face til a crown on his black cranium.” – Damian Lillard
- “We all come from different places and have different experiences, but one thing I know we can offer each other is respect.” – Damian Lillard
A fun quiz is a great way to summarize the lessons we can take from these inspiring quotes. This fun quiz is intended to help you remember the key ideas and takeaways from the quotes in our blog post.
How to play?
In this quiz, you must complete the quote you’ve just read from Damian Lillard by selecting the correct option from the options provided. The aim of this quiz is to help you recall key takeaways from the quotes. You will receive one point for selecting the correct option. Are you ready? Let’s get started.
Please feel free to share this with your friends and family on your preferred social media platform. Use the buttons below to share it right away.